What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe
We have always used standard precautions in our office. Standard precautions include:
- proper hand hygiene
- personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks, eyewear
- sterile instruments and devices
- clean and disinfected environmental surfaces
- safe injection practices
- sharps safety
Since reopening our office on May 12, 2020, we have implemented additional measures above and beyond our standard precautions:
- We will take a patient’s temperature once they arrive at our office. They will then bypass the waiting room completely and go straight to the treatment room.
- We will have patients swish with a peroxide pre rinse before dental procedures to reduce exposure to germs. Patients will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer before and after their procedures.
- Our team members will have their own temperatures taken at the beginning and end of the day. Team members will wash their hands before putting on gloves and after removing their gloves.
- We will be using N-95 or K-N95 masks which will give us and our patients the greatest protection. In addition, our team members will be wearing face shields and head covers.
- We will be wearing lab coats and/or fluid-resistant gowns and this outergear will not leave the building at the end of the day.
- We have acquired new high speed suction/evacuation devices to cut down on airborne aerosols outside of the mouth. Reports suggest that these high volume suction devices can cut down aerosol production by 90%
- We have added extra time to allow for enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients. We have removed magazines and other items that might harbor or transfer germs of any kind.